Technician, Workshop Technician
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is currently recruiting for a R&D Technician on a permanent basis in Aberdeen.
Construct prototype products, fixtures and machinery for the development of new Oilfield products and processes.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Prototyping - Manage the construction of prototype products and machinery, whether building it in-house or working with vendors.
- Verification/Validation - Perform validation testing. Assist in creating appropriate documentation for validation tests.
- Design - Participate in the development of products, processes and manufacturing equipment to improve quality, reduce cost and increase HSE performance.
- Product Support - Assist in the investigation and analysis of customer complaints.
- Manufacturing Support - Provide assistance to the production team on screen manufacturing and quality issues.
- Test Rig / Test Lab - Responsible for managing and maintaining these facilities. Perform validation testing
Applicant should have the following attributes:
- Time-served apprenticeship (or engineering qualification)
- Proficient welding skills (MIG/TIG/MMA)
- Proficient machining skills (milling / turning)
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills essential
- Clean UK driving license
The following attributes would be desirable:
- Experience with resistance welding machines and processes
- Toolmaking experience
- Plastic injection moulding experience
- Experience in the oilfield industry
- Proficient computer skills, Windows and MS Office
- CNC programming