Contracts & Commercial Manager / Advisor / Analyst
Our Client is an Operator based in Aberdeen looking to take on a Contract Specialist for an initial period of 12 months, based in Aberdeen.
Due to the nature of the role, suitable candidates will reside in or near Aberdeen, UK
Core Technical Experience
1) rack record in delivering results
2) Ability to work collaboratively with vendor(s) whilst ensuring that the client's best interests are protected.
3) Understanding & knowledge of procurement tools, techniques, commercial frameworks and relevant regulatory/legislative requirements & ability to ensure compliance.
4) Ability to effectively apply analytical tools, concepts and methods.
5) Awareness of relevant technical issues and desire to increase knowledge base
6) Relevant work experience in contractual and/or commercial working environment
1) Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
1) Effective written and verbal communicator - good presentation and interpersonal skills.
2) Self-motivated, enthusiastic with ability to work as part of a team.
3) Good contract drafting skills.
4) Demonstrated negotiation skills, commercially astute.
5) Flexible and creative approach with willingness to embrace change.
Primary Functions & Dimensions:
Select Sourcing Strategy (Sourcing & Supply Base Strategy)
1) Collaborate with internal customers to develop Strategy and Procurement Plan in line with current market conditions.
2) Responsible for obtaining both partner and internal approvals (local and corporate).
Select Supplier Portfolio (Requirements Definition & Supplier Bidding)
1) Building Bidders list using FPAL technical and commercial pre-qualification and subsequent qualification if required.
Select Implementation Path (Requirements Definition & Supplier Bidding)
1) Bid Preparation
2) Bid Evaluation criteria/model/TSV
Negotiate & Select Suppliers (Sourcing Execution - Negotiation & Supplier Contract Creation)
1) Final Evaluation: The process of selecting, negotiating terms, delivery & price.
2) Getting both partner and internal approvals Contract Drafting/Contract Amendments/Reviews/Renewals; coordinating with Internal Partners, including Legal, Insurance & Tax.
Supplier Performance Management (Supplier Management - Supplier Management)
1) Supplier onboarding and ongoing proactive management of the Contract including development and implementation of Contract Management Plans and KPI's.
2) Handling of any claims.
Supplier Relationship Management (Supplier Management - Supplier Partnering)
1) Proactive Contract Management, leadership of Contract Review Meetings and Contract Steering Meetings.
2) Direct liaison with BU management to ensure appropriate supplier engagement.
3) Work closely with technical contract users to ensure appropriate technical performance.
Business Partnering (Customer Management - Internal)
1) Proactively engage with the business to develop overall demand forecasts.
Market knowledge and understanding.
1) Maintain awareness of supply market dynamics, including supply and demand constraints, overall market capacity, the client & competitor activity and positioning in the market, risks to supply.